Since my last post, it’s been a while because I just got this sort of kid’s disease called chickenpox.today in this article we talk about creamy pesto pasta recipe.This looks very yummy and delicious too.
Yeah, you read that right. It’s when the red itchy blisters popped up all over your body from head to toe. It was, in fact, my very first time, but I was pretty relieved that I finally had it since I was very healthy back then when I was a kid. I even only like got cough or flu, and never been hospitalized.
However, I’m recovered now and should start to exercise more (and go to the skincare clinic to remove the scar on my face.
Well, it’s almost the end of the month again, which means payday is coming to go!!
Yet some of you still have to survive the last few days before payday with the remaining cash in your pocket, eh?
Here’s an idea to have a treat for yourself after working so hard, without having to go to a fancy (and expensive) Italian restaurant:
Homemade creamy pesto pasta recipe with Grilled Chicken
It’s simple, it only takes 20 minutes to prepare, and more importantly, it’s LOW-FAT and GUILTY-FREE. 🙂
Other than Bolognese sauce, Pesto sauce is also my favorite choice for a fancy Italian restaurant because the sauce smells very fresh and garlicky. Not only to be eaten with pasta, but pesto sauce is also perfect complementary for bread, salad, and pizzas.
The original pesto sauce recipe consists of fresh basil leaves, raw pine nuts, garlic, parmesan cheese, and olive oil. But in this recipe, I’d like to make it low-fat and dairy-free by excluding the parmesan cheese, which is good for your health, and if you are a Vegan, you can try this too!
However, it was quite an effort back then to find fresh basil leaves in Jakarta. I tried food hall, but it’s selling out quite fast, and then I finally found it when I went to Aeon Mall Supermarket last weekend. They have the fresh basil served as 25 gr per package so that the amount is not as much as in Food Hall or Ranch Market, and it also means that no leftovers are added to your storage.
I bought it in Bali Buda Store Ubud when I went to Bali last month for the pine nuts. Still, I also try to search it online, and you can easily find it in Tokopedia, Bukalapak, or Lemonilo that sell this kind of nuts, or you can also try ranch market and food hall.
There have been quite a lot of articles about the substitutes for those two main ingredients on google, and I would recommend you to check out this blog other posts too for more alternatives that can be easily found in your neighborhood. As for Hap’s Kitchen, I was pretty persistent with the original ingredients because the smell of fresh basil leaves is unique, and it is the main highlight of pesto pasta.
- 25 gr Fresh Basil leaf (leaves only, washed)
- a handful of Pine nuts
- Two garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of Olive oil
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 200 gr chicken breast fillet
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of Coconut oil or olive oil
- 100 gr Pasta of your choice (I’m using tiny Fettucine here)
- 300 ml water
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of butter (or you can use olive oil so that the pasta won’t get sticky)
- Boil the pasta for 10 minutes or as instructed in the packaging, and don’t forget to add butter or oil and a pinch of salt for savor.
- While waiting for the pasta, you can rub the chicken with olive oil and salt and pepper. Leave it for marinating in 5 minutes.
- Prepare the pesto sauce by putting all the ingredients in a food mixer or blender until smooth and texture like a puree.
4.Heat the pan and pour the pesto sauce, stir.
- Rinse the cooked pasta and transfer it to the pan, stir until mix well
- Add 100 ml of the remaining boiled water of the pasta to the pan little by a bit while stirring so that the pasta won’t get sticky and add more flavor.
- Transfer the pesto-coated pasta to the plate and prepare to grill the chicken
- Heat the pan on medium heat, and grill the marinated chicken for 5 minutes on side A and another 5 minutes on side B
- Serve grilled chicken with the pasta while it’s hot.
different people like different test.if you are pasta lover you definitely can try this creamy pesto pasta recipe.this is not only taste awesome but it’s looks very beautiful.if you are a housewife do it for your children and husband and don’t forget to share this experience with our Instagram page.hopefully we published lot more recopies in our website.