how to build outdoor wood fired pizza oven – 20% OFF SALE
Building an outdoor wood fired pizza oven is a great way to bring the classic Italian taste to your backyard. Not only is it a fun and rewarding project, but it is also a great way to bring family and friends together. Here are some tips on how to build an outdoor wood fired pizza oven.
1. Choose the right location. You will want to make sure that your oven is placed in a location that is level and sheltered from the wind. You will also want to make sure it is not too close to trees, buildings or other combustible materials.
2. Build a base. The base of your pizza oven should be made of brick, concrete, or stone. You should make sure that the base is level and well-insulated to ensure that your oven cooks evenly.
3. Construct the dome. The dome of your pizza oven should be made of firebricks and should be constructed to be as airtight as possible. This will help to ensure that the heat is evenly distributed.
4. Add insulation. Insulating your pizza oven is very important. You should use a heat-resistant clay-based mortar to fill any gaps between bricks. You can also add insulation to the top of the dome to help keep the heat inside.
5. Install a chimney. A chimney is essential for venting the smoke and heat that is generated by the fire. Make sure to install it at least two feet above the top of the oven dome.
6. Heat it up! Once your oven is constructed, it is time to fire it up. Start by building a small fire in the oven and wait until the bricks are hot. You can then add larger pieces of wood and increase the temperature gradually.
7. Enjoy your pizza! Once the oven is hot, you can start cooking your pizzas. Make sure to rotate your pizzas to ensure they cook evenly. Enjoy the delicious wood-fired pizzas with your family and friends!
Building an outdoor wood fired pizza oven may seem like a daunting task, but with some patience and attention to detail, you can create a delicious Italian-style pizza. With a little bit of effort, you can enjoy the classic taste of wood-fired pizzas in your own backyard.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: What materials are needed to build an outdoor wood fired pizza oven?
Answer: You will need firebricks, refractory cement, fireclay, an oven base, an oven dome, insulation, mortar, and a chimney.
FAQ 2: How long does it take to build an outdoor wood fired pizza oven?
Answer: Generally, it takes between 1-2 days to build the oven, depending on the size and complexity of the design.
FAQ 3: How much does it cost to build an outdoor wood fired pizza oven?
Answer: The cost of building an outdoor wood fired pizza oven varies depending on the materials used and the size of the oven. Generally, it can cost anywhere from $500 to $2000.
FAQ 4: What type of wood is best for an outdoor wood fired pizza oven?
Answer: The best type of wood to use in an outdoor wood fired pizza oven is hardwood, such as oak, maple, or hickory. Softwoods, such as pine, should be avoided as they will burn too quickly.
FAQ 5: How hot can an outdoor wood fired pizza oven get?
Answer: An outdoor wood fired pizza oven can reach temperatures of up to 900°F.