Making a delicious and decadent chocolate cake in a stand mixer is surprisingly easy, and allows you to have a delicious dessert for any occasion. Here is a step-by-step guide to making a perfect chocolate cake in a stand mixer.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan and line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1 cup cocoa powder.
3. In a stand mixer, cream together 1 cup of butter and 2 cups of sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating until each egg is fully incorporated.
5. Add in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined.
6. Slowly pour in 1 cup of buttermilk and mix until fully incorporated.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it and allowing it to cool completely on a wire rack.
9. Once the cake is cooled, prepare the chocolate frosting. In a stand mixer, beat together 1 cup of butter, 2 cups of powdered sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
10. Spread the frosting over the cooled cake and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: What ingredients do I need to make a chocolate cake?
Answer: You will need all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and milk.
FAQ 2: How long will it take to make a chocolate cake?
Answer: It should take about 30 minutes to prepare the cake batter, and then about 45 minutes to bake the cake.
FAQ 3: What size cake pan do I need to make a chocolate cake?
Answer: You will need a 9-inch round cake pan, or two 8-inch round cake pans.
FAQ 4: How do I make a chocolate cake in a stand mixer?
Answer: Begin by creaming together the butter and sugar in the stand mixer. Then, add in the eggs one at a time and mix until combined. Next, add the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk and vanilla extract. Finally, mix on low speed until all of the ingredients are combined and the batter is smooth.
FAQ 5: How do I know when the chocolate cake is done baking?
Answer: The cake is done baking when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.