Making Hawaiian rolls without a stand mixer may sound like an impossible task, but it’s actually quite easy! All you need is a few basic ingredients and a little bit of elbow grease. Here’s how to make Hawaiian rolls without a stand mixer:
1. Gather all the ingredients: You’ll need all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, active dry yeast, warm water, butter, and an egg.
2. Dissolve the yeast in warm water: Put the yeast in a bowl and add warm water, stirring until it dissolves. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes until it starts to foam.
3. Combine the dry ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt.
4. Slowly add the wet ingredients: Add the yeast mixture, butter, and egg to the dry ingredients and stir until the dough is evenly mixed.
5. Knead the dough: Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
6. Let the dough rise: Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let the dough rise in a warm, draft-free area for about an hour, or until it has doubled in size.
7. Punch down the dough: Punch down the dough and knead it for a minute or two.
8. Divide and shape the dough: Divide the dough into 12 pieces and shape into rolls. Place the rolls on a greased baking sheet and let them rise for about 30 minutes.
9. Bake the rolls: Preheat your oven to 375°F. Bake the rolls for about 20 minutes.
Once your Hawaiian rolls are done, you can enjoy them fresh out of the oven. With just a few ingredients and a little bit of effort, you can make delicious Hawaiian rolls without a stand mixer!
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: What ingredients do I need to make Hawaiian rolls?
Answer: You will need all-purpose flour, active dry yeast, sugar, salt, warm water, egg, and butter to make Hawaiian rolls.
FAQ 2: Can I make Hawaiian rolls without a stand mixer?
Answer: Yes, you can definitely make Hawaiian rolls without a stand mixer. You can use a handheld electric mixer, or you can mix and knead the dough by hand.
FAQ 3: How long does it take to make Hawaiian rolls?
Answer: The total time required to make Hawaiian rolls is about 2 hours, including the rising time.
FAQ 4: Can I freeze Hawaiian rolls?
Answer: Yes, you can freeze Hawaiian rolls. Wrap them in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil or a freezer-safe bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
FAQ 5: How do I store Hawaiian rolls?
Answer: Hawaiian rolls can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days. After that, it is best to store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.