Making pandesal using a stand mixer is a great way to prepare this popular Filipino bread quickly and easily. Pandesal, often referred to as Filipino bread, is a soft and fluffy sweet bread roll that is a staple in Filipino households. It is usually eaten for breakfast and is best enjoyed when it’s still warm.
To make pandesal using a stand mixer, you will need:
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm milk
1 tablespoon water
1. In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the flour, butter, sugar, yeast, and salt. Using the dough hook attachment, mix the ingredients together until they are well combined.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the warm milk, egg, and water.
3. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and mix until everything is well combined.
4. Increase the speed to medium and mix the dough for about 5 minutes or until it is smooth and elastic.
5. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead it for a few minutes to form a ball.
6. Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with a kitchen towel. Let it sit in a warm place for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
7. Punch down the dough and divide it into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place them on a greased baking sheet.
8. Cover the rolls with a kitchen towel and let them rise for 30 minutes.
9. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
10. Brush the rolls with some melted butter and bake them for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Let the pandesal cool before serving. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ #1: What ingredients do I need to make pandesal?
Answer: To make pandesal, you will need all-purpose flour, active dry yeast, sugar, salt, butter, egg, and warm water.
FAQ #2: How long does it take to make pandesal?
Answer: The total time to make pandesal is approximately 2 hours, including the rising time for the dough.
FAQ #3: Can I use a stand mixer to make pandesal?
Answer: Yes, you can use a stand mixer to make pandesal. Just make sure to use the dough hook attachment.
FAQ #4: How do I know when the pandesal is done?
Answer: The pandesal is done when it is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
FAQ #5: How do I store the pandesal?
Answer: The pandesal should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.