Making Fresh Pasta Dough in a Stand Mixer
Making fresh pasta dough doesn’t have to be a big ordeal. With a stand mixer, you can make delicious homemade pasta dough in a matter of minutes. Here’s how you do it:
-2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-4 large eggs
-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
-1 teaspoon salt
1. Place the flour, eggs, olive oil, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment.
2. Turn the mixer on low and mix until everything is combined. Increase the mixer speed to medium and mix for about 8 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it a few times with your hands until it forms a cohesive ball.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
5. After the dough has rested, you can use it to make pasta in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Making fresh pasta dough in a stand mixer is a great way to get the perfect texture for your homemade pasta. And now that you know how to do it, you can make fresh pasta dough whenever you want. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: How do I make pasta dough in a stand mixer?
Answer: To make pasta dough in a stand mixer, add the dry ingredients (e.g. flour, salt, and optionally eggs) to the bowl of the stand mixer. Attach the dough hook and turn the machine on to its lowest speed setting. Gradually add liquid (e.g. water or eggs) until the dough becomes a ball. Increase the speed and knead the dough for 5-10 minutes until it is smooth and elastic.